Discount mulberry uk Outlet Hideaway Burns Summer Home Of Patty Duke And Husband Gutted
Patty Duke husband kept warm by the smoldering fire that was once his home.
With icy rain splattering his face, Michael Pearce watched Monday afternoon as the flickering remnants of a hungry fire finished off what had been a three story summer hideaway for him and his actress wife. Monday. The flames could be seen two miles away, the inky smoke plume from even farther.
Fire Chief James Trittin happened to be nearby at the time. were flames coming out every window, he said. He called for firetrucks but then canceled the order.
realized we couldn get to it, he said. no way to get in here. home on Hawk Road was surrounded by knee deep snow. The driveway, about a third of a mile long, lay invisible and impassable beneath the heavy drifts.
Even if firefighters had been able to get to the home, they wouldn have fought the blaze. Trittin discovered afterward that the house is not in the East Side Fire District and therefore has no fire protection.
Duke, also known as Anna Pearce, is an Oscar award winning actress famous for numerous television and screen movies. She became a household name in the 1960s when she starred in the TV sitcom, Patty Duke Show. also: 2010: Patty Duke: An Intimate Conversation
Michael Pearce is a North Idaho native and former Army drill sergeant. The two married after falling in love on a movie set.
The couple now lives at a home in Coeur d and until Monday fire kept a summer and weekend home. The summer home, valued at $68,000,
according to county assessor records, is surrounded by 40 acres of fields and trees.
The couple bought the place in 1988, shortly after moving to Idaho, Pearce said. They frequented the home in the summers and sometimes in the winters, he said.
Last winter, the pipes burst in the house, flooding it. The couple spent last summer having it remodeled, Pearce said.
For the past month, Duke has been gone from her Coeur d home to film a TV movie. Monday, she was in Los Angeles, Pearce said.
He shut the water and heat off months ago, before the freezing temperatures.
On Monday, he turned on all the heaters in the house,
then returned to Coeur d He just made it back when he got a call from a neighbor telling him his house was on fire.